Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rosary #29 - Unity

ROSARY #29

CHRIST PRAYS FOR OUR COMPLETE UNITY AND CHARITY

 

FIRST MYSTERY:

[John 17:17] Consecrate them in the truth. Your word is truth.

 

Only when the community and, consequently, the Institute, becomes a living dialogue, an expression of the Spirit, can we reach complete unity and full charity (G Giaquinta, 1974).

 

SECOND MYSTERY:

 [John 17:18] As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world.

 

Unity is not just a feeling, but leads to solidarity and co-responsibility (Cenacle 81).

 

THIRD MYSTERY:

[John 17:19] And I consecrate myself for them, so that they also may be consecrated in truth.

 

If the Cenacle is to renew the spiritual life of the Church, the double aspects of unity and love must be included in a concrete and practical way (Cenacle 77).

 

FOURTH MYSTERY:

[John 17:20-21] "I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me.

 

Christ prays for unity as a practical reality and not a vague dream (Cenacle 77)

 

FIFTH MYSTERY

[John 17:22-23] And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to perfection as one, that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me.

 

Our goal is to reach maximal unity and fusion, within our human limitations, in imitation of Trinitarian unity (Cenacle 77).

 

 

 

No comments: